A Django 1.6+ project template that provides a great skeleton application structure with some essential features:
- Separate dev, stag, and prod environments.
- switch environments easily based on APP_ENV env var.
- separate development, staging, and production settings
- separate development and production (incl. staging) requirements
- django-storages static asset storage backend integration with S3.
- Database configuration via environment variable
- production database passwords kept in environment variables and out of source.
- dj-database-url configures the database from the DATABASE_URL env var.
- integrates with Amazon RDS, Heroku DBs, and others easily.
- Simple deployment to Heroku
- Forced HTTP redirection to HTTPS (except in development)
- Uses Heroku’s free piggyback wildcard SSL.
- Helps you construct organized web applications that follow the 12factor methodology.
- Skeleton 404 and 500 error pages.